Employment Opportunities at Emerging Minds
Emerging Minds is continually seeking enthusiastic and qualified professionals to fill the role of Therapist-Educator. Therapist-Educators work on a one-on-one basis with young children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in our intervention programs. For more information about the position and to apply, please refer to our job posting below:
Emerging Minds is a treatment centre for children and youth, including children on the autism spectrum. Through interdisciplinary teams, we draw from contemporary, best-practice strategies to design individualized programs that incorporate the goals of the child and the family. Our treatment model rests on positive engagement with children.
We are seeking qualified individuals to the position of Instructor Therapist. Instructor Therapists work with young children (18 months – 4 years) who have been diagnosed with Autism in our intervention therapy programs.
Intervention programs take place in a one-on-one setting in the child’s natural environment, typically in the home.
- Providing therapy to children with autism, according to programs designed by the treatment team
- Providing support to ensure the program runs as smoothly as possible
- Participating in therapy planning as directed
- Gathering and preparing teaching materials
- Delivering instruction in one-on-one and group settings
- Communicating with children’s’ parents and guardians regularly
- Maintaining client binders
- Completing weekly activity reports
- Education in a related field (autism and behavioural sciences, child and youth services, early-childhood education, communicative disorders, psychology, education)
- Background in autism intervention and/or a related field
- Experience with young children (not necessarily with autism), 18 months – 3 years
- Valid police records check and First Aid/CPR certificate
- Computer literacy
Other Job Requirements:
- Excellent play skills at the preschool level
- Good problem solving abilities
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
Applications may be sent directly to the attention of Eleanor Klausmann at email@example.com. Please provide a cover letter and resume.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.