Mary Champagne is a Behaviour Analyst and Clinical Psychological Associate who has been providing help to special needs families for over 25 years. She can help provide suggestions and coaching to address behavioural challenges for children with neurodevelopmental disorders including Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. She is a registered member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario and certified as a Behaviour Analyst with the BACB.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: WAITLIST CLOSED FOR BEHAVIOURAL CONSULTATION. Please note that Mary is not currently accepting new clients due to the number of individuals waiting for services at this time.
What is the difference between behaviour consultation and behaviour intervention at Emerging Minds?
With behaviour consultation, parents meet regularly with Mary to receive consultation around strategies to deal with specific behavioural challenges, general suggestions to provide solid applied behavioural principles to facilitate their child’s learning, and support to monitor quality and effectiveness of the implementation of strategies. Mary may meet with clients for individual sessions to address presenting issues.
In behaviour intervention (our Comprehensive Intervention Program and Parent Partnership Intervention), an educator therapist works directly with the child and family on an ongoing and intensive basis to provide on-the-spot interventions and teaching.
What can a behaviour analyst help with?
A behavioural analyst can:
- Help a family determine where and why a child is having trouble learning a particular skill
- Determine the purpose or benefit behind a challenging behaviour, from the child’s point of view, and suggest appropriate alternatives which may serve the same function.
- Suggest ways to manage difficult behaviours which are causing stress and/or risk in the family
- Suggest changes in the environment to encourage optimal learning
- Educate parents in applied behavioural principles
- Educate parents and children about social skills, sexuality, executive functioning, problem solving skills and other developmental issues
- Suggest alternate teaching methods which may help a child learn new skills or behaviours
- Help to manage anxiety and stress
Who to contact?
The initial intake appointment with Mary is 90 minutes. Subsequently, 1 hour follow up appointments are booked on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis as appropriate from the initial meeting.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Mackintosh at 613-883-3716 or email@example.com.