Quickstart Early Intervention Program: A Collaborative Program between Quickstart – Early Intervention For Autism and Emerging Minds.
QuickStart – Early Intervention for Autism (QuickStart Autism) is a Canadian Registered Charity who funds the Quickstart Early Intervention Program (QEIP) and Emerging Minds is the private service care provider who delivers the QEIP program.
The Quickstart Early Intervention Program is a one-on-one parent-coaching program with the parent(s) and the child.
When a family qualifies for QEIP, they receive individualized weekly sessions with: an occupational therapist, a speech therapist, and an educator therapist. Most appointments will be with one therapist only.
To be eligible for the program:
- The child must be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder**
- The child must be 24 months of age or under
- At least one parent must be able to attend and participate with their child at each appointment. The appointments are held during weekday working hours, and are between 1 and 1.5 hours. The appointments must be attended, without interruption, for the full four-month period.
- The child must not be receiving more than 10 hours per week of other autism-related interventions such as speech therapy, etc.
- The parents must commit to applying the treatment strategies that they have learned at a rate of at least 2 hours per day
- The parents must be able and willing to maintain an intervention log of their practice sessions with their child
** If your child does not have an autism diagnosis and you suspect autism, please contact Quickstart Autism at 613-791-3757 or email@example.com for information about diagnostic services in Ottawa.
If you feel you qualify for the Quickstart Early Intervention Program, please call contact Suzanne at Quickstart Autism at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-791-3757 for more information.
If you have already been accepted into the QEIP, please contact Debbie Ladisa at 613-728-3808 if you have questions or concerns.