Kickstart Intervention Program: A Collaborative Program between Quickstart – Early Intervention For Autism and Emerging Minds.
QuickStart – Early Intervention for Autism (QuickStart Autism) is a Canadian Registered Charity who funds the KickStart Intervention Program (KickStart) and Emerging Minds is the private service care provider who delivers the KickStart program.
The KickStart program is a one-on-one parent-coaching program with the parent(s) and the child.
When a family qualifies for KickStart, they receive individualized weekly sessions with: an occupational therapist, a speech therapist, and an educator therapist. Most appointments will be with one therapist only.
To be eligible for the Kickstart Intervention Program:
- The child must be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder**
- The child must be 24 months of age or under
- At least one parent must be able to attend and participate with their child at each appointment. The appointments are held during weekday working hours, and are between 1 and 1.5 hours. The appointments must be attended, without interruption, for the full four-month period.
- The child must not be receiving more than 10 hours per week of other autism-related interventions such as speech therapy, etc.
- The parents must commit to applying the treatment strategies that they have learned at a rate of at least 2 hours per day
- The parents must be able and willing to maintain an intervention log of their practice sessions with their child
** If your child does not have an autism diagnosis and you suspect autism, please contact Quickstart Autism at 613-791-3757 or email@example.com for information about diagnostic services in Ottawa.
If you feel you qualify for the Kickstart program, please call contact Suzanne at Quickstart Autism at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-791-3757 for more information.
If you have already been accepted into the Kickstart Intervention Program, please contact Debbie Ladisa at 613-728-3808 if you have questions or concerns.