A collaborative program between QuickStart Early Intervention for Autism and Emerging Minds.
We are pleased to offer the Kickstart Intervention Program, a one on one parent coaching program for families whose children have autism.
Thanks to the support of Quickstart Autism’s generous donors, there is no charge for the Kickstart Intervention Program.
If a family qualifies for the Kickstart Intervention Program, they will begin receiving weekly sessions with: an occupational therapist, a speech therapist, and an educator therapist who will provide suggestions and direct coaching. Each appointment is between 1 and 1.5 hours. Most appointments will be with one therapist. Sessions will be scheduled on a weekly basis over a 4-5 month period.
To be eligible for the Kickstart Intervention Program:
- The child must be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder**
- The child must be 24 months of age or under
- At least one parent must be able to participate with their child during weekday working hours
- The family must be able to commit to regular weekly daytime appointments, without interruption, for 4-5 months in duration
- The child is not receiving more than 10 hours per week of other autism-related interventions
- The parents are able to commit to applying the treatment strategies that they have learned at a rate of at least 2 hours per day
- The parents are able and willing to maintain an intervention log of their practice sessions with their child
** If you are concerned about autism but your child has not yet received a diagnosis, please contact Quickstart Autism at 613-791-3757 or email@example.com for information about diagnostic services in Ottawa.
If you meet the above criteria and would like more information on the Kickstart program, please call Quickstart Autism at 613-791-3757 and ask to speak to Suzanne.
If you are in the Kickstart program or are waiting for services, please contact Debbie Ladisa at 613-728-3808 if you have questions or concerns.