Parent coaching sessions may consist of 1 hour weekly, biweekly or monthly sessions with the parent coach either in our centre or in the home. The sessions will involve discussions of questions, concerns, or areas of need. As the parent engages with their child, the parent coach will model strategies and coach the parent regarding goals and techniques. Each session is individualized to the needs and priorities of each child.
At the beginning of programming, administrative time may be required to set up formal goals, gather materials and visual aids, etc.
Sessions with your parent coach/behaviour consultant will consist of:
- An initial parent meeting to discuss areas of need, goals, behaviours, background information, etc.
- The parent coach will provide strategies in the areas of:
- Daily routines
- Play/Social skills
- The strategies will be taught through:
- Parent coaching sessions with the parent and child
- Parent meetings, 1:1 with the parents
- In home sessions
- Travel time and mileage fees may be applicable for in home sessions.
The centre is located at the Emerging Minds East office at 5330 Canotek Road, Unit 36.
For more information, please contact our parent coaches directly:
Theresa Martinez at 613-724-8484
Veronique Chiasson, through her administrative assistant Francine Hopley at 613-760-0241.