Employment Opportunities at Emerging Minds
Emerging Minds is continually seeking enthusiastic and qualified professionals to fill the role of Therapist-Educator. Therapist-Educators work on a one-on-one basis with young children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in our intervention programs. For more information about the position and to apply, please refer to our job posting below:
Emerging Minds is a treatment centre for children and youth, including children on the autism spectrum. Through interdisciplinary teams, we draw from contemporary, best-practice strategies to design individualized programs that incorporate the goals of the child and the family. Our treatment model rests on positive engagement with children.
We are seeking enthusiastic and qualified individuals to the position of Therapist- Educator. Therapist-Educators work on a one-on-one basis with young children diagnosed with Autism in our intervention programs. The children in our programs may be 18 months – 5 years. Intervention normally takes place in the child’s social environment, such as their home or daycare (versus in a centre-based environment).
- Providing therapy to children with autism on a one-on-one basis, according to programs designed by the treatment team. This involves teaching children skills across many domains such as: communication, language, play, social, motor, developmental and academic skills
- Collecting and recording data
- Maintaining client binders
- Completing weekly activity reports
- Background in autism intervention and/or a related field (early-childhood education, communicative disorders, psychology)
- Experience with young children (not necessarily with autism), 18 months – 5 years
- Valid police records check and First Aid/CPR certificate
- Computer literacy
Other Job Requirements:
- Good problem solving abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal with diverse groups
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Use of a vehicle and the willingness to travel within the Greater Ottawa area is required (Kanata to Orleans.). There is compensation for mileage
Applications may be sent directly to the attention of Eleanor Jean-Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a cover letter and resume.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leave a Reply